HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Course Code Included
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
$45 (may vary)
Is the course accredited?
Does the course meet workplace requirements?
Previously Known as
Group Booking Discounts Available
CPR Course Brisbane
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This new CPR Course replaces the superseded HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
Brisbane First Aid Courses latest HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Face-to-Face unit is Brisbane’s most inclusive and interactive CPR course.
Our Face-to-Face course sets itself apart by giving students greater access to high-quality, industry certified CPR trainers for the duration of their course. No assessment element of this course needs to be completed online or away from a classroom where a trainer is readily available to answer questions and provide support.
If you prefer, a streamlined Learning Online version of this course with a shorter in-class session is available.
We are a fully accredited and certified registered training organisation (RTO: 40407) specialising in high-quality first aid training right here in Brisbane.
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is the latest CPR accreditation. It includes all the skills and knowledge required to provide CPR to infants, children and adults in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), Safe Work Australia, and other national peak clinical body guidelines.
The ARC recommends learners complete this course every 12 months to maintain CPR validity and currency of knowledge and skill.
HLTAID001 is now HLTAID009
New Industry Standard
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is the new industry standard for CPR training.
Fully supported CPR qualification.
Brisbane First Aid Courses CPR is fully trainer-led and supported.
The course is completed in full in a single 2-hour in-class session run by an experienced, certified and highly-regarded CPR trainer.
With more time spent in class, students benefit from the added support that can only come from a face-to-face course, enabling them to ask their Trainer questions and have them clarify, repeat, contextualise and demonstrate in real-time all the knowledge and practical skills required to provide CPR assistance in almost any situation.
Just a 2-hour in-class session
All knowledge and practical training and assessment for this course are completed in a single-day 2-hour session starting at 9:00 am and finishing at 11:00 am.
- Completion of a pre-course quiz on key content from the HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Learner Guide*
- An interactive, multimedia presentation on all required first aid topics (see knowledge evidence below)
- An independent multiple-choice knowledge assessment on first aid topics covered in the presentation
- Trainer marking and feedback on knowledge assessment
- A detailed and comprehensive trainer-led demonstration on how to use first aid equipment and perform all required first aid techniques and skills (see performance evidence below)
- Trainer led practice and question time on all required knowledge and performance evidence, including the use of first aid equipment
- Practical assessment of performance evidence in the form of role plays, observations, written and verbal incident/review reports and class debriefs
*To attend the in-class session, you must first complete your pre-course quiz. The number of study hours needed to complete this quiz varies depending on your existing knowledge, skills and experience.*
CPR Certificate Issue – Same Day
Successful completion of all the knowledge and performance evidence and criteria of Brisbane First Aid Courses HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course to a satisfactory level will result in the awarding of the following nationally recognised unit of competency:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines recommend HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation be updated every 12 months to remain valid.
- $45 (may vary due to Daily Deals)
- Price match guarantee on any similar course
Course times and locations
Brisbane First Aid Courses Learning Online HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation courses run every day, every week from a number of local sites including:
- Brisbane CBD – Level 7 – 217 George Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
- Indooroopilly – 284 Witton Rd, Indooroopilly, QLD 4068
- Logan – Unit 8 / 84 – Wembley Road, Logan Central, QLD 4114
- Mt Gravatt – Mount Gravatt Hotel, 1315 Logan Rd, Mount Gravatt, QLD 4122
- Salisbury – 668 Toohey Rd, Salisbury, QLD 4107
- Springfield – Springfield Tavern, Corner of Springfield Parkway & Commercial Dve, Springfield, QLD 4300
- Capalaba – Lions Club Of Capalaba 55-57 Degen Road Capalaba, QLD 4157
- Ipswich – Ipswich Show Society Office, Ipswich Showgrounds 81 Warwick Rd, Ipswich, QLD 4035
- Chermside – Chermside Bowls Club, 468 Rode Road, Chermside, QLD 4032
- Caboolture – Caboolture Lakes Entrance, Suite 4- Training Room, 8-22 King Street Caboolture, QLD 4510
- Southport – 36 Scarborough St, Southport, QLD 4215
- Palm Beach – Palm Beach Hotel, Cnr 1118 Gold Coast Hwy & 5th Ave, Palm Beach, QLD 4221
- Mooloolaba – Mooloolaba Bowls Club, Brisbane Rd & Kapala St, Mooloolaba, QLD 4557
- Maroochydore – The Sands Tavern, Plaza Parade, Maroochydore, QLD 4558
- Townsville – Cluden Park, Racecourse Rd, Cluden, QLD 4811
- Cairns – Hilton Cairns, 34 Esplanade, Cairns City, QLD 4870
- Tweed Heads – Twin Towns Services Club, 2 Wharf St, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485
- Upper Coomera – The Well, 58 Highland Wy, Upper Coomera, QLD 420
- Calamvale – Calamvale Hotel, 678 Compton Rd, Calamvale, QLD 4116
- 9:00am – 11:00am
At Brisbane First Aid Courses your health and safety is our priority. Infection control measures and Covid-19 practices are applied across all our training facilities including but not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Social distancing, where possible
- Cleaning and sterilisation of equipment and materials
- Learner sign-in sheets
To help us keep you and your fellow learners safe, please do not attend a session if you are unwell, experiencing any symptoms or should be quarantining or self-isolating.
Where courses need to be rescheduled, Brisbane First Aid Courses will notify learners at the earliest convenience.
In line with industry and organisational obligations, Brisbane First Aid Courses can only accept and issue nationally accredited units of competency to learners who are:
- At least 14 years of age (those who are under 18 must present a signed Parent or Guardian Consent Form)
Learners should also physically be capable of completing the performance requirements of this unit. At a minimum, learners will need to be able to:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
A USI (unique student identifier) the number is now a mandatory requirement for any student wishing to undertake vocational training. A USI number is unique to you and provided by the government to keep a secure online record of your VET certifications. You can look up your number or register for a USI number quickly and easily by clicking on the following link:https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi.
CPR Content and Outcomes
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is a mix of knowledge (theory) and practical (skills).
If you complete the Face-to-Face course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements in-class.
If you complete the Learning Online course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements online.
Practical assessment is completed in-class for both courses as you must be observed performing your first aid skills by a registered trainer.
Throughout this course you will be assessed on:
Your understanding of:
(Knowledge / theory)
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent / guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression / ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use, safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants, children and adults
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
Your ability to provide effective first aid to:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult and child (CPR, AED)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult and child (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing infant (CPR)
- An unconscious, breathing infant (open airway)
You will also be assessed on your ability to:
- Identify when to provide CPR
- Follow DRSABCD protocol
- Complete an incident report
- Handover to emergency services
Why do I need CPR?
Brisbane First Aid Courses HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course instils learners with the confidence to recognise potentially life-threatening CPR emergencies and respond in a timely and effective manner to preserve life and minimise risks and hazards.
Eight New First Aid Units of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
*Please note Brisbane First Aid Courses does not currently offer this unit*