Choose your training venue nearest to your location.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Online)
Course Code Included
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
2 Hours – NO ONLINE + Face to Face Training & Assessment
1 Hour – Online Training + Face to Face Assessment
From $45 (may vary)
Issued Same Day (T&C)
Is the course accredited?
Does the course meet workplace requirements?
CPR Course Brisbane HLTAID009 - Learning Online - 1 hour
This new course replaces the superseded HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Brisbane First Aid Courses latest HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation Learning Online course is the shortest accredited first aid course we offer.
Save time and effort by doing half the course in your own time online and save yourself the hassle and irritation of having to sit through a PowerPoint on the content you already know or could read in your time.
If you prefer, a Face-to-Face version of this course with extra trainer support is also available.
We are a first-class registered training organisation (RTO: 40407) that runs daily first aid courses around Brisbane and its suburbs.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is the latest CPR accreditation. It includes all the skills and knowledge required to provide CPR to infants, children and adults in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), Safe Work Australia, and other national peak clinical body guidelines.
The ARC recommends learners complete this course every 12 months to maintain CPR validity and currency of knowledge and skill.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is now HLTAID009
New Industry Standard
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is the new industry standard for CPR training.
1-hour in class practical session
Practical training and assessment for this course is completed in a single-day 1-hour session starting at 9:00am and finishing at 10:00am and includes:
- A detailed and comprehensive trainer-led demonstration on how to use first aid equipment and perform all required first aid techniques and skills (see performance evidence below)
- Trainer led practice and question time on all required knowledge and performance evidence, including the use of first aid equipment
- Practical assessment of performance evidence in the form of role plays, observations, written and verbal incident/review reports and class debriefs
*To attend the practical session, you must first complete the knowledge requirements online. The number of study hours needed to complete the knowledge tasks varies depending on your existing knowledge, skills and experience.*
Faster CPR Qualification
Brisbane First Aid Courses Learning Online course is the shortest CPR course on the market.
After enrolling, learners immediately receive an email granting them access to their custom student portal, which contains all the learning and assessment materials needed to complete the knowledge requirements of the course.
Once this is finished, all that is left to do is a 1-hour in-class practical session where you apply your newfound or updated CPR skills in a simulated real-world environment.
CPR Certificate Issue – Same Day
Successful completion of all the knowledge and performance evidence and criteria of Brisbane First Aid Courses HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course to a satisfactory level will result in the awarding of the following nationally recognised unit of competency:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CPR Course Venues in Brisbane
Our HLTAID009 CPR courses run 7 days a week, 50 weeks a year, right across the Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs. Suburbs serviced include:
At Brisbane First Aid Courses your health and safety is our priority. Infection control measures and Covid-19 practices are applied across all our training facilities including but not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Social distancing, where possible
- Cleaning and sterilisation of equipment and materials
- Learner sign-in sheets
To help us keep you and your fellow learners safe, please do not attend a session if you are unwell, experiencing any symptoms or should be quarantining or self-isolating.
Where courses need to be rescheduled, Brisbane First Aid Courses will notify learners at the earliest convenience.
In line with industry and organisational obligations, Brisbane First Aid Courses can only accept and issue nationally accredited units of competency to learners who are:
- At least 14 years of age (those who are under 18 must present a signed Parent or Guardian Consent Form)
Learners should also physically be capable of completing the performance requirements of this unit. At a minimum, learners will need to be able to:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock.
A USI (unique student identifier) the number is now a mandatory requirement for any student wishing to undertake vocational training. A USI number is unique to you and provided by the government to keep a secure online record of your VET certifications. You can look up your number or register for a USI number quickly and easily by clicking on the following link: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi.
CPR Content and Outcomes
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is a mix of knowledge (theory) and practical (skills).
If you complete the Face-to-Face course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements in-class.
If you complete the Learning Online course, you will be assessed on the knowledge requirements online.
Practical assessment is completed in-class for both courses as you must be observed performing your first aid skills by a registered trainer.
Throughout this course you will be assessed on:
Your understanding of:
(Knowledge / theory)
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent / guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression / ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use, safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants, children and adults
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
Your ability to provide effective first aid to:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult and child (CPR, AED)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult and child (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing infant (CPR)
- An unconscious, breathing infant (open airway)
You will also be assessed on your ability to:
- Identify when to provide CPR
- Follow DRSABCD protocol
- Complete an incident report
- Handover to emergency services
Why do I need CPR?
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (better known as CPR) is one of the most crucial life-saving skills taught in first aid and can be completed as a stand-alone unit as in this course, HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Online) or (Face-to-Face) or as a standard included unit in one of Brisbane First Aid Courses general or industry-specific First Aid course (HLTAID011 Provide First Aid or HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting).
Eight New First Aid Units of Competency Released
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – sometimes referred to as CPR (supersedes HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support – sometimes referred to as BELS (supersedes HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support)
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – sometimes referred to as First Aid (supersedes HLTAID003 Provide first aid)
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting – sometimes called Childcare first aid (supersedes HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (supersedes HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (supersedes HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (supersedes HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016* Manage first aid services and resources (supersedes HLTAID008)
*Please note Brisbane First Aid does not currently offer this unit